Hi,

I've just recently installed RH8.0 on my third server, but this one has 2 300MHz CPU's and won't boot the default SMP kernel that is installed upon RH8.0's installation.

Upon booting, grub lists the two kernels I can boot:

title Red Hat Linux (2.4.18-14smp)
root (hd0,0)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.18-14smp ro root=LABEL=/
initrd /initrd-2.4.18-14smp.img
title Red Hat Linux-up (2.4.18-14)
root (hd0,0)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.18-14 ro root=LABEL=/
initrd /initrd-2.4.18-14.img

Booting the smp version results in a partial kernel start then a reboot of the server.

Booting the non-smp version works fine, although I can only find one processor loaded afterwards.

The server is an Acer Altos 930 with 256meg RAM and two 300MHz CPU's. It used to run Red Hat 6.0, with SMP working fine, but I blew it away and started from scratch with RH8.0.

Any ideas?

Michael