On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 07:51, Will Phipps wrote:

> Just one more thing.  Is it possible to configure samba to transfer the
> files as binary from a windows machine to a linux machine?  I will use
> ftp if I have to, but would rather keep my ftp port closed.

Files are always transfered as binary over Samba.  "ascii" is the FTP
transfer that changes line feeds.  I don't believe that Samba provides
an equivalent.

However, if you save the files as Unix files to begin with, and edit
them over an SMB share, smart editors will save them with Unix
linefeeds.  Test and see what works.