Rick Forrester wrote:

> Am getting ready to upgrade my system; have in mind the following components.
> Would appreciate any information about problems encountered working with RH
> 5.1 and any of these components (or positives!).
>
> Motherboard:    ASUS P2B

Is this one of the motherboards with integrated SCSI?  If so, and it has the
AIC-7890 chip, it won't work with Linux.  They are just now starting to add
support for this chip in AIC7xxx driver.

> CPU:            Intel 400MHz PII
> RAM:            128Mb ECC SDIMM

FYI, our 400Mhz PII has a BogoMIPS rating that is only about 80 BM lower than our
533Mhz Alpha, so the CPU has plenty of horsepower!