VFAT is NOT FAT32.
VFAT is FAT16 with Long File Names.
FAT32 is a new form of FAT16 that has smaller cluster sizes and allows
partition sizes up to 2 Terabytes.
The "stable" kernel doesn't support it as is, but there is a development
driver available. I don't know where you can find it, though, because I am
distancing myself from kernel source until 2.2 comes out.

--
You have been honored with a message from the great
Robert Hailman