On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 11:32:33AM +0100, Jon Haugsand wrote:
> I am not sure where to,  and even _if_ I should, report a problem with
> installing Oracle 9i on RedHat beta distribution Phoebe.  Maybe
> someone here can comment?

If a 3rd party product won't install, report it to the 3rd party.  In
this case, you would contact Oracle.  Whether or not they'll support
your installation on a beta release is doubtful though - that depends on
your relationship with Oracle.

If Oracle in turn decides that they're doing the right stuff and that
Red Hat broke something between Psyche and Phoebe, they should report
the issue to Red Hat.  Frankly, I'd be surprised if someone from Oracle
hasn't already tested this (or perhaps Oracle is concentrating on
Advanced Server and doesn't care about Psyche at all, I don't know).  It
could be that Oracle is going to totally beta releases and wait until
Phoebe is released, and then tweak their installer or report bugs.  This
really depends on their release philosophy.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]