I didn't mean to start a running battle, but I'm really enjoying this VERY interesting discussion! Thanks, guys!

Actually, we both (both net admins at our office) have a little VPN experience, mine in Win2K and the other guy using vtun on Linux. I wanted to get other peoples' recommendations on what the best way was to implement the vpn between 2 boxes (2 networks). And actually, one of you hit the nail on the head, it's going to be a quick/dirty way to get another office on our network, securely (we don't trust their users yet), and quickly because our company just acquired them.

From the discussions on here, I think I'm going to experiment with Cipe, I've gotten good reports on it both here and off-line in my personal e-mail. We will be looking at other things, my cohort is trying frees/wan but said it's difficult to set up.

Thanks for all the great info, don't stop the discussion on my account, I'm reading it all and learning a lot!

Tnx,
Kerry Miller