On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 05:45:12PM -0500, Ernest Ellingson wrote:
> I tried running up2date.  It told me my kernel was excluded and I
> couldn't update without the kernel update.  I tried to fix that but
> couldn't, I have an email into redhat now about that.

By default, the kernel is excluded, but it's easy to force that:
# up2date --force kernel

> In the mean time, while I wait on Red Hat, I thought I'd update the
> kernel straight away.  I now have the problem described below.
>
> Where is the readline rpm?
> It ain't here
> updates.redhat.com/7.1/en/os/i386/

You won't find it in the updates directory if it hasn't been updated.
It might still be in the original directory or on your CDs.  It will be
grabbed automatically if required by the up2date shown above.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]