> For the first install I tried it the way I usually install
> Windoze apps: look for the "setup" executable and just
> double click (there were no instructions about how to
> open the .gz file). At first it seemed to work except
> that I couldn't find the icon (or executable) that
> actually started the IDE.
>
> I got on the net and downloaded information about how
> to uninstall and then reinstall Kylix (from the command line
> or terminal window). However, this still didn't work.
>
> I tried uninstalling Kylix again, so that I could try
> downloading and installing the most recent version of
> Kylix, but now when I try to reinstall I get a message
> that Kylix is already installed, and that I have to
> uninstall it in order to install the new version. But,
> when I try:
>
>               rpm -qa | grep kylix

If you did what you said above, then you did NOT install Kylix using RPM, so
you can't check the existence of it with RPM can you?

RPM IS NOT like Add/Remove Programs in the other OS. If you did not install
an RPM, then RPM will not know about it.

Regards,

---
Edward Dekkers (Director)
Triple D Computer Services P/L