Hi all,
I think perhaps this question has been answered already and looks silly,
but I'm new to this list and linux OS, hence please bear with this question.
I'm facing problem in exporting symbols from my object module to other modules.
I'm using linux kernel version 2.4.2 and RedHat 7.1
when I compile I get following error.

cc -c -O -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DEXPORT_SYMTAB testmod.c -o testmod.o
In file included from /usr/include/linux/module.h:21,
from testmod.c:11:
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:1:2: #error Modules should never use kernel-headers system headers,
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:2:2: #error but headers from an appropriate kernel-source

If I remove -DEXPORT_SYMTAB I don't get compilation err but in ksyms output
exported symbol appears as as follows and other module won't resolve it.

Address Symbol Defined by
c884206c __VERSIONED_SYMBOL(callf) [testmod]

I could successfully resolve symbol if I remove -DEXPORT_SYMTAB and use
EXPORT_SYMTAB_NOVERS(callf) instead.

But I want to export symbols with version information, so I must use
EXPORT_SYMTAB, any one knows how to doi it? may be I'm missing something..
any help appreciated.

Thanks
Lokesh