Hi. Trying to change encoding of a file using iconv:

[dellbert]~/cip>iconv -f utf-16 -t ascii IT_CWS31_STAGE.sql > out.txt
iconv: illegal input sequence at position 593298

I would like iconv to change/ignore illegal sequences, is this
possible? I found an undocumented -c switch, but that only seems
to fix the first issue encountered.

[dellbert]~/cip>iconv -c -f utf-16 -t ascii IT_CWS31_STAGE.sql > out.txt
iconv: illegal input sequence at position 606146

Any suggestions? Alternative ways of changing encoding?

Thanks

Morten