It's not an error, it's just a warning that you're running MySQL without a root password...not a good thing. In phpMyAdmin, click on the dropdown menu in the left frame, and select "mysql". On the links that open up below that, click on the user link, then select the "Browse" tab on the page that opens up in the right frame. When the page loads, you'll see the entry for root, click to edit that row. In the password row, select "Password" from the drop down menu, and type a password in the next box in the row, then click the "Go" button at the bottom of the page. Now click the "Home" link over in the left frame, and click on the "Reload MySQL" link on the page that loads in the right frame.

Now you're going to have to edit the config file for phpMyAdmin (config.inc.php in your phpMyAdmin directory) and enter your password in the first line you come across with "$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password']" (around line 75). Then you're done.

Jody Cleveland wrote:
Do a....

rpm -q php

Oops, my bad. I updated php, and re-ran the rpm file, and it worked great.

One question about phpmyadmin. I get this error:
Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that
correspond to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is
running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix
this security hole.

I had this error on the other machine too. I've searched through the
phpmyadmin docs and they've said what to do, but I just don't get it. In
simple terms, what do I need to do?

Jody