From: Ric Tibbetts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 5:16 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Automount & LDAP

Steve;
Thanks for the reply, and good luck to you too.
In my case, I'm trying to get RedHat 8.0 LDAP + automount (client), to work with a Solaris LDAP server.

I had automounter working with the old Solaris NIS server, but someone thought that was too easy, and changed it all over to LDAP.. So, I'm starting over. ;)

I'll check out the link you provided.

In addition, I found the following, which may shed some light...
So far, it hasn't helped mine, .. But I'm still working on it.

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200106/msg00355.html

Ric

Rigler, S C (Steve) wrote:

I'm about to start working with the same issue right now. I found some
information at: http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/599.html

My first step is to get the automounter to work with Irix clients and
I'm having some luck there (although the migrate scripts don't seem to
be setting up the ldif files correctly).

My next step is to test the automounter on RedHat clients.

FYI, we're having to change our "standardized" RedHat load here to use
autofs4 instead of the autofs that's included with RH. Issues we were
running into were a lack of support for multipath entries. Direct maps
are still an issue that we've worked around via some scripting.

Basically, getting a Linux client to behave like other Unix machines
wrt to autofs is a pain.

Let me know how autofs + LDAP works for you on Linux.

-Steve