Awuku,

I use a startup script in /etc/init.d as follows:
------------------
#!/bin/sh
#
# fetchmail     Script to up/down mail retrieval daemon
#
# chkconfig: 345 82 30
\
#       fetches mail from remote mailservers and forwards to your \
#       local (client) machine's delivery system.
#
# Source function library.
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

# Source networking configuration
. /etc/sysconfig/network

# Check that networking is up
[ ${NETWORKING} = "no" ] && exit 0

# See how we were called.
case "$1" in
  start)
        echo -n "Starting fetchmail: "
        daemon /usr/bin/fetchmail --daemon 900 --syslog \
           --fetchmailrc /etc/fetchmailrc
        echo
        ;;
  stop)
        echo -n "Stopping fetchmail: "
        killproc fetchmail
        echo
        ;;
  status)
        status fetchmail
        ;;
  restart|reload)
        $0 stop
        $0 start
        ;;

  *)
        echo "Usage: fetchmail.init {start|stop|status|restart|reload}"
        exit 1
esac
-------------

and have the /etc/fetchmailrc similar to:

-------------

# Configuration created Fri Nov  1 09:22:48 2002 by fetchmailconf
set postmaster "root"
set syslog
set properties ""

poll <userA_mail_server> with proto POP3
user <userA> there with password <blah> is <user1> here options fetchall

poll <userB_mail_server> with proto IMAP
user <userB>' there with password <blah> is <user2> here options
fetchall

and this setup works well for me.

Regards, Mike Klinke