I'm currently evaluating openLDAP for a production environment.  I've
carefully read through the fine manual and am a bit confused.  After
creating my slapd.conf according to the docs found in tldp.org, I'm trying
to populate my database using ldapadd.  Here is my command line

ldapadd -f /path/basics.ldif -D "cn=Manager,dc=mydomain,dc=com" -w password

I see the following output:

SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Local error

Is this telling me I have a problem with my password?

In slapd.conf I have my rootdn set to the above (cn=Manager, dc=mydomain,
dc=com").  I have my rootpw set to   password (Yes I'm trying clear text
just for now.).

I've also set my acess control directives.

access to *
     by dn="Manager,dc=mydomain,dc=com" write
     by * read

This I believe tells the slapd daemon to allow writing to the database by
Manager.

Have I missed something?

Thx