-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Arthur Mueller
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 3:30 PM
To: RedHat-List
Subject: APM support on Laptops

Hi everybody,

The following situation:
- Laptop Acer TravelMate 630 with Intel Speedstep processor 1.8 GHz
- RedHat 7.3
- APM activated

Typing # apm -v results in the following output:
# APM BIOS 1.2 (kernel driver 1.16)
# AC on-line, no system battery

Why apm tells me I had my laptop plugged to AC-power if it is only
running on batteries for half an hour? APM is activated in the BIOS and
is even supported by Windows 2000 on the same machine. The Kernel is
2.4.20 and APM as well as ACPI is set and compiled. Where's the bug?

Thanks very much,
Arthur