For accessing Postgres with PHP check http://www.devshed.com they have loads of good
tutorials and are one of two that I've found that has PHP/Postgres tutorials. The
other good one is http://www.phpbuilder.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Marius Andreiana [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 10:16 AM
To: redhat-list
Subject: Re: PHP and PostgreSQL

On Mi, 2003-02-12 at 18:50, Joel Lopez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed Red Hat 8.  I have been trying to use PostgreSQL with
> PHP but I can't seem to connect to the DB.
for all db admin tasks login as the user postgres, don't use root. Don't set a
password for postgres ( the default doesn't allow login ), use root to become
postgres:  su - postgres

Now, logged in as postgres, edit data/postgresql.conf and change #tcpip_socket = false
to tcpip_socket = true

You may need to change data/pg_hba.conf too.

When creating users ( postgres: createuser username ), I allow them to create
databases, and then I create what I need with that user so he's the owner of db, not
postgres.

--
Soluţii informatice bazate pe Linux / Linux-based IT solutions www.galuna.ro