On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 12:33, Wayne Lampiasi wrote:
> I am having a problem with kppp. when I log in as root, I can connect
> to the net. when I log in under my main user profile, kppp won't load
> without asking for the root password..... Even after giving redhat the
> root password kppp then connect's to the net and jams my taskbar
> freezing my icons ??? This does not happen when loged in as root. I
> tried using redhat.config.user apps to change my user id and group to
> a higher level, but I am doing somthing wrong..... ?????? Thank you,
> Wayne (WL44) [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Try this:
Change the icon command line to /usr/bin/kppp
as root, change the permissions on/usr/bin/kppp to allow users or a new
group to execute
make the same change of permissions on /usr/bin/consolehelper
if necessary create the icon for kppp on the desktop, rather than the
taskbar (if you're using kde; if you're using gnome this may not be
necessary)
HTH,
Mike