Generally speaking, you don't.  Completely different operating systems,
filesystem structures, memory management, etc.  *nix systems in general
don't rely on the M$ convention of file name suffixes to determine what the
file is (i.e. *.exe = executable), which is a relic from the old 8.3 file
name limitations, which hasn't been an issue in *nix systems for many years,
AFAIK).

That said, there are some ways to work around this.  Either use an emulator
such as Virtual PC, or VMWare that actually runs a full version of a 'guest'
operating system on the host machine, in a virtual sandbox (so when the game
causes the M$ OS to crap itself, it doesn't affect the host machine at all),
or there is the Wine Project (Commercial equivalent is the CodeWeavers
CrossOver plugin $25) that allows you to run some Windows programs on Linux.
Not every program works w/ this approach, and in either case, games tend to
push the envelope the hardest, making them the least likely to work
correctly.

Good luck,

Monte