Well, I see "wrong" colors and either a garbled or no screen at all.

I have put the refresh setting as 60Hz which goes with the monitor specs. Do you think I should do a re-install?

----Original Message Follows----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Complete novice: Monitor won't work with RH8
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:23:10 +0800

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Josef Oduwo wrote:

> Screen keeps flickering and I can't see anything....

When you say "flickering" do you mean you may see the colors and such of
what would make a good display but the screen is not stable?

If so, then it sounds as if the refresh settings in your XF86Config file
is incorrect. What are the specs for your monitor and how does that
compare with what is in the file?