Dear list, I want to rebuild a package in order to make it more appropriate for my system. I have installed RH 8. When I intended to do so with
rpmbuild --rebuild <program name>src.rpm

I got some error messages related with some missing dependencies.

I tried to satisfy these various dependencies (most of them names of programs I have already installed but with -devel as addition) and everything was ok except for one.

One of the dependencies is gcc3 version >= 3.1

I've tried to look for this unsuccessfuly! In the official site of these compiler packages I cannot find such a gcc3 version 3.1 or later. In fact they only speak about simple gcc and when I look to which version I have installed with
rpm -q gcc

It gives:
gcc-3.2-7

However in my system there's also something called gcc3 which is
gcc3-3.0.4-1

Obviously when I try to rebuild the package Im interested in it gives me the same error of this missing dependency: gcc3 version >=3.1

Any help gratefully appreciated,

Felipe.