David Busby wrote:

List,
Not to incite argument but I was wondering if anyone has some pro/cons
about webalizer or analog. I'd like to collect stats for my site(s) and
want to have a PHP page to report, with PNG graphs (like what php.net had).
Any ideas?

David Busby
Systems Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I have just fired up the latest rh8 encarnation of our web site with ssl and all the bells and whistles. Boy it works great, until I go to patch it and something fails, BUT!!!

Webalizer installed with apache and it really is great. I was using a utility I downloaded from Austrailia called LogLook. That was really fun to install, you know how those pesky perl scripts can be, but once it was running, the stats came-a-flowin' in!!
Webalizer is a nice change, daily stats, monthly stats, hourly stats, stats per ip, stats per host, stats, per country, pie charts, bar graphs, per page, per link, blada, blada, yuk, yuk, yuk stats, Stats, STat, STAts, STATS@!!!!!(all hail dr.seuss) so many stats I hardly know what to do with them all. It's a great little app and I love it!!! Great colors too. I am kinda new to it so learning how to wrangle it is half the fun. I think you'll enjoy it!!

--
Robert E Martin
IT Manager