Juan Nin wrote:

From: "David Busby" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

When calling mail() in php I get:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mail() in
/edoceo/www/edoceo.com/contact.php on line 19

I don't see anything odd in my maillog. Does mail() use sendmail?

I've

got it pointed to the correct path (but I use postfix not sendmail,

postfix

supplies a compatible sendmail binary). Postfix is started too. Any

ideas?

the error does not apply to wether you use Postfix or Sendmail, it says
"Call to undefined function: mail()", so it means that PHP can't find the
mail() function.

I don't know how it works, but probably you need to include some module so
PHP recognizes the funtion.

Regards,

Juan

It may mean that you did not pass the mail function the correct number of arguments. Check the function signature:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

Fred