Hello

I am a newbie with Linux and have just installed Red Hat 8.0 dual booted
with Windows XP. The install went beautifully but I have one ugly little
problem. Red Hat won't recognize my modem which I now understand is a
Winmodem type and apparently not liked at all by Linux. Before I go out and
purchase a new hardware modem with software on board can anyone tell me if
there is a driver in the Linux world that will solve my problem?   I did
look, but was overwhelmed.  I had no idea there were so many modems in the
world!!

And if not, any advice on readily available modems that will work?  My modem
is a ESS 2838S or as it shows on the system - ESS ES56STH-P1 or ESS 2838PCI

Thanks for any help you can give.

Robert

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

VE3FRJ on amateur radio