On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 07:55:01AM -0800, CM Miller wrote:
> >>It's now called /etc/modules.conf.
>
> There are two files:
>
> modules.conf

That's the file that's used.

> modules.conf~

That's the backup of the file you edited.  You can delete it or save it
so you can restore later if you want to.

> I want to automatically load parport and imm.  I added
>
> two aliases.
>
> alias imm
> alias parport

Unless I'm missing something, you should have aliased the name to
something.  man modules.conf and search for alias.  For parport, this is
what I've got (but I never use the parallel port so I have no idea if it
works or not):

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA