Can someone help me with vsftpd?  I've installed the rpm on RH8 (for
anonymous use only) and when I try and login I get 531-invalid password.
I don't understand how I can have an invalid password with anonymous
only use.  I changed the xinetd file and vsftpd.conf file a BIT, but not
much.  Those two files are included below.

I do have a user called nobody, but the home directory is not /var/ftp.
Does that matter?

-------------------------------- vsftpc.conf --
# Access rights
anonymous_enable=YES
local_enable=NO
write_enable=NO
anon_upload_enable=NO
anon_mkdir_write_enable=NO
anon_other_write_enable=NO
#
# Security
#
anon_world_readable_only=YES
connect_from_port_20=YES
hide_ids=YES
pasv_min_port=50000
pasv_max_port=60000
pam_service_name=vsftpd
#
# Features
#
xferlog_enable=YES
ls_recurse_enable=NO
ascii_download_enable=NO
async_abor_enable=YES
ftpd_banner=Welcome to the prismbiz.com FTP site. All activity is
logged.
#
# Performance
#
one_process_model=YES
idle_session_timeout=120
data_connection_timeout=300
accept_timeout=60
connect_timeout=60
anon_max_rate=50000

------------------------------------ xinetd
# default: off
#       normal, unencrypted usernames and passwords for authentication.
service ftp
{
        disable = no
        socket_type             = stream
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        server                  = /usr/sbin/vsftpd
        nice                    = 10
        per_source              = 2
        instances               = 5
        banner_fail             = /etc/vsftpd.busy_banner
        log_on_success          += PID HOST DURATION
        log_on_failure          += HOST
        banner                  = /etc/vsftpd.warning.msg
}