On Mon, 2003-02-17 at 13:12, Jack Byers wrote:
> what is difference between
> 1) shutdown -t60 -h now
> and
> 2) shutdown -h +1

I ___THINK___ that the difference is the following:

        1. "shutdown -t60 -h now" means that, in 60 seconds, the server will
issue a shutdown command for time now. So, in 60 seconds the server will
receive a command to shut down immediately.

        2. "shutdown -h +1" means that the shutdown command is issued
immediately, but that the command itself waits one minute before doing
anything.

This may be right or wrong, but at least it makes sense to me. Besides,
if both work then simply choose your favorite.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz