On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Jonathan M. Slivko wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a "server" at home (well, it's just an old desktop that I've turned
> into a server) on which I would like to install Red Hat Linux. The
> specifications for the hardware are as follows:
>
> P1 133
> 64MB of RAM
> 2GB IDE HD
> Intel ProExpress 10/100 Network Card
>
> Which version would be the best to install on this system? I just want to
> run 1 small site on it and a few e-mail accounts. That would be the sole
> task of this machine. Thanks.

I'm running RH8.0 on a P1-166 with 72MB and a 4G SCSI HD with no problems
at all.  Your disk space might be a little tight, but you can probably
strip it down enough to fit.  Disk space is cheap anyway--my little
server also has a 30GB IDE disk that I use for ISOs and Amanda spooling
(but I don't count that against the system space).

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
[EMAIL PROTECTED]