From: Georg Tornqvist [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 7:15 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Via 8233 sound chip and kernels >2.4.20

Hi all!

I tried the Alsa-driver with redhat 7.3 and got the via8233 sound chip to
work. I recently upgraded to redhat 8.0 and couldn't get alsa to compile. I
was told that my via was supported for kernels >2.4.20. Is that true? I got
the kernel and compiled it
succesfully with the old config file from an rpm kernel.

The sound chip still doesn't work and I don't know what to do next.
Please, help me.

/georg