>I have olds programs on Perl 4 running under FreeBSD and I want to bring
>them back on my new Linux RH5 box but I don't want to convert them for
>Perl5...  Is there a Perl 4 binary for RH or I must find the original
>sources and compile them. And if it's the case do I need a patch or
>something or it's gonna compile easily ???

If you insist on this approach, you can get the source at

        http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/src/unsupported/4.036/

If you can't get it to compile don't expect any help. Mind you, I would be
confident that it will compile on Linux/gcc straight out of the tarball.
Running scripts with the -w switch will winkle out any questionable coding
practices. We'll be happy to advise on how to bring a broken Perl4 script
into the Perl5 world.

DL
--
        affairs and are crunchy Do for good in ketchup.
        meddle not of the taste with wizards, you