I think I would start by reading the Advanced Routing Howto at
http://www.tldp.org. Specifically the chapter on bridging/proxyarp. There
are some other links within this document that will point you to
incorporating iptables into the bridge so you can block/accept ports.

Also on a side note -- since your requirements are for a router (bridge)
only, consider looking at LEAF (Linux Embedded Appliance Firewall).
Specifically the bering project. This is a single floppy version of the
linux kernel with iptables. The firewall portion is based on shorewall which
supports the proxyarp configurations; which based on my understanding of
your post, is what your going to have to implement. You can checkout
shorewall at www.shorewall.net  Regarding your post, I would think the
following chapter of the setup guide is relevant:
http://www.shorewall.net/shorewall_setup_guide.htm#ProxyARP

Good Luck!
Steve Cowles