Title: Message
Ok, I had issues with my new laptop and RH8.  It would freeze during
install when it would scan for my partitions.  My laptop is a compaq Evo
1020v, and any information on this laptop would be appreciated.

Anyway, I got it working with an IBM hardrive and RH8, but I lost hard
drive performance.  I put the original drive in, and I loaded the latest
phoebe release.

I can't compile the kernel, even with the pre-packaged configs.  It errors
out in the folder /usr/src/linux-2.4/mm
I downloaded a fresh copy of the vanilla 2.4.20 kernel, and have the same
problem.  I can't get past this error.  Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

BTW:  I like what I see as far as what RH 8.1 might look like, but why in
the world do they disable menu editing in Gnome2?  Is there a menu editor
available, or coming in the future?  I'm tired of using KDE, but at least
I can change my menus.

Adam