On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Jim Slick wrote:

> Yes you'r right windows will overwrite your MBR, but just install
> Windows, boot linux from a floppy and run lilo witch will write your
> earlier MBR to the bootsector.
>
> Regards
>
> Gordon

to make a boot disk...
(as root)
1. put floppy in drive
2. find which kernel image your using (vmlinuz, zImage, bzImage, etc...)
3. copy image to floppy (do not mount the floppy)

dd if=/boot/zImage of=/dev/fd0

if stands for infile, of stands for outfile
zImage is what my current kernel image is called
/dev/fd0 is the device name for the first floppy drive (a:\)