From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Patrick Nelson
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2003 12:54 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: silly script question

Kerry Miller wrote:
----------------->>>>
Ok, I'm a network guy, not a software guy.  I'm even lousy at bash scripts,
but here's a question.

I can get to a share from my windoze machine using smbclient and copy files
back to the linux box.  I don't know how to put it into a script
though.  Here's what I've got:

smbclient //kmiller/temp -U username%password
get <filename>
quit

When I do it manually, it works fine (assuming I put the real username,
password and filename in).  I need to know how to tell the script to wait
for the prompt from the windoze box before it sends the next line.  I tried
"sleep 5" but that didn't work.  When I run the script, I get the smb
prompt from the windows machine, then it stops.

This can't be too tough, I'm just no good at scripting.  I'd appreciate
some hints, or a place to RTFM would work!