I added those lines and restarted apache, but no go.
Yeh, I already put the test.php file there to test it. When I access it, I just get a blank page.

On Saturday, Feb 22, 2003, at 11:48 US/Pacific, Bart SCHELSTRAETE wrote:

Curtis Vaughan wrote:

I installed Apache by default on my 8.0 server. At which point php support is installed, I'm not really certain (by default, or did I do it? Sorry for my ignorance.)
Anyhow, the fact is that Apache is not passing the php mine type over appropriately (apparently).
I added to the httpd.conf file the following lines:
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
LoadModules php4_module modules/libphp4.so
What can I do to be certain whether everything is installed that needs to be installed, that it is installed appropriately?

Curtis Vaughan
North Pacific Corporation
WashTech (CWA Local 37083)
IWW x353203

Also add the following rule: AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4 AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3

And restart/reload your Apache.
In PHP there is a file included called 'test.php' or something similar.
Copy that to you document root , and try to open it with your browser.
That file will show you the PHP configuration on your machine, so that you can check this.

rgrds, Bart