--- Kenneth Benson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I can install any version of Redhat and have it work
> correctly, however
> whenever I update the kernel using rpm's or rhn, it
> will fail to start the
> kernel. How can I find out the configuration of the
> install kernel so that I
> can re-compile the updated kernel sources to work on
> my pc?

 In /boot there's a file "/boot/config-2.4.*"

 I believe that's the config the original kernel
 (the one created at install) is built with.

 Caveat, since RH7.3 (Im running 8.0 now) I've
 NOT been able to complete a compile. (I.e. it
 fails about halfway thru "make bzImage" ... ???
 I haven't had time to track it down, so if you
 do and find a fix, please post it!

=====
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world.
 Those who understand binary and those who don't.