I think you can get it back using Menu Editor. Position yourself in the Start button and right click. That'll bring up another menu where you can see the Menu editor entry. In there you can add the icon back to it's previuos position. The only problem is that by adding it you'll have to put the whole path to the actual gaim program in you Linux box (in mine it's /usr/bin/gaim).

Hope this helps,

Michael Mansour wrote:

Hi,
I recently upgraded gAIM to the latest version, from
the stock gAIM rpm which comes with Redhat8.

After applying the new gAIM rpm, it removed the gAIM
menu item under the "Start -> Internet -> Instant
Messenger" RH8 menu.

Any ideas how to re-create these? since I'm getting
used to using Linux as my desktop workstation and as
such, like to have my installed programs in the
"Start" menu so I don't have to remember what program
or version I have installed on what box(es).

Thanks.

Michael.

PS. I did the same with Mozilla, upgrading it from
1.0.1 (which comes stock with RH8) to the latest RH8
rpm of Mozilla 1.3b - provided on the Mozilla website
- and it retained all the menu items and even the
Mozilla icon on the bottom task bar, very nice.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/

--

*Eduardo Silva*
Wireless Network Engineer