From: Bret Hughes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2003 3:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: please help POP3

On Sun, 2003-02-23 at 13:11, Simpson, Doug wrote:
> The remote clients are MS OSs running SSH sentinel.  I connect to the
> internet and then connect to the Freeswan gateway.
> When I am connected to the VPN gateway all my traffic goes down the tunnel
> until I disconnect the VPN tunnel.
> The SSH client (ipsec) takes over the connection and directs all traffic
> the gateway.
> Do you know a way to configure the SSH client so that it allows traffic
out
> to the internet without going through the IPSEC tunnel?
> This of course would be an answer.
> Any help would be great.
> Thanks,
> Doug

This should be doable.  In fact I find it a rather strange configuration
that would set the default route through the ipsec interface.  can you
post the output of ipconfig /all, route, and tracert ipofpopserver from
one of the windows boxes when connected?  That is probably the best way
to ensure we are on the same page.  I just DLed the the user manual for
ssh sentinel v 1.4 is that what you are using?

I am working on a vpn solution for windows clients -> linux server and
experimenting with cipe right now and am willing to learn a bit about
how a commercial version works so I have a larger pool of information to
draw from.

There is nothing in the FAQ about routing issues like this.

Bret

Bret