On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Rodrigo Pereira wrote:

> I will install linux in a computer with a hard disk with12GB and 256MB
> of memory.  I want to create partitions to /boot, / (root), /var, /tmp,
> /usr, /home, swap.  What is the best size for each one ?

It depends. This is also a FAQ.

Here's the best answer you will ever get: if you don't know what you are
doing, use the Red Hat defaults for workstation or server. If you know
what you're doing, do a custom install with your preferred settings.

Good luck!

--
"Of course I'm in shape! Round's a shape, isn't it?"