Le 24/02/2003 21:25, « Simpson, Doug » <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :

*** Hi group,

I've been on some lists where new members were supposed to present
themselves and kept the habit.

I used to be on this list from the RH 5.x to RH 6.x days and took a long
brake until yesterday. I noticed the members list has been flushed properly
as I don't see familiar looking names from that period like e.g. Chuck Mead,
Hal Burgiss... On the other hand, maybe they're just lurking.

Anyway, I guess things change. One thing I saw right away which didn't
change is the [OT] tag. :-)) I'm glad to be back.

> I thanked you and I will thank you again for the insightful info.
> I am just pointing out that we here on the list agree (at least I do) and
> telling us this is preaching to the choir.
> You have made some very valid points so share them with those who may not be
> in the know.  It does not help to hide your light under a rock.  Please send
> your thoughts to Business Week it would be good.

<snip>

*** Posting the article to the list rather than to the "offenders" site is
more useful as it is very instructive for present members, especially the
very passionate ones  who would get fooled by the "Pro-Linux" attitude of
the article and basically read what they want to hear, it's archived for the
future generations and pop-up whenever you do the right search. I just found
my messages to this list from 1998.

I just want to make the point that posting it here is more useful than
sending it to the pre-formatted, biased, arrogant whatever journalist who
still manages to be or act ignorant about some well established facts.

In general it's more useful to spend your writing skills and energy in
instructing fellow users or participate in some OSS projects - like create
doc's and HOWTO's written in plain English and not in C or C++ - than send
your message to sites and journalists that are not worth it.

Zoran.