recently, i've been getting email with badly-formed destination
addresses that cause fetchmail to choke when downloading that
message from my SMTP server.

  the error:

  reading message <x> of <y> (zzzz octets) fetchmail: SMTP error: 553
    5.1.3 <[EMAIL PROTECTED],[EMAIL PROTECTED]>... Invalid route
    address

i'm suspecting that it's the "," that's causing the problem, as some
spammer is simply too dense to even spam me properly.  when this
happens, i'm forced to use the web-based frontend to get to my
email at my ISP, and delete that message to get past it.

  obviously, procmail won't help here since i can't even *get*
the message to my host.  is there a sendmail fix i can use to
deal with this?  and do i have the right to yell at my ISP for
even forwarding email with badly-formed addresses?

rday