Sorry for the duplicate list posting but this might be turning into a big
problem for us with 100 systems installed.

It seems a large number of the Dell servers we have recently put in server
have a problem where they intermittently lock-up hard, no keyboard, no
reboot, and require a power-down.  Sometimes they will run for a week or two
but when they lock up, it is all over.   I installed a 2650 last night and
it locked up within 45 minutes.

Dell seems to think it has something to do with the power save feature but
can’t come up with a way to turn it off.

Is anyone else having these kinds of difficulties with Dell or other
servers?  In your experiences do the Dell servers have a higher occurrence
of problems like this than IBM or HP servers running Linux?

We never had problems with Dell in the past and have had their machines run
for over a year under heavy loads (some with almost 100 users on telnet)
without even a reboot being required.  This seems to have just cropped up in
the last 2 or 3 months with probably 50% of the new servers we have
installed and most of them are 2650s.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Ed