Stefan,

I disabled the RHN daemon from running many moons ago and manually run
up2date when I see the need.

RH will disable a "demo RHN" account after so many days of inactivity
(60 or 90 days, I think) but they send out a message that the account
will be disabled in x number of days if there is no further activity.
Running up2date seems to reset that clock.

Regards, Mike Klinke