On Thursday 27 February 2003 11:45 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am installing Linux to atleast 10 systems a day. And I end up installing
> lots of packages which is not at all needed for my workstations. If I go
> about selecting the specified packages then I end up spending atleast one
> hour just for selecting all the packages. I would like to know if there is
> any way in which I could design and deploy linux with what ever packages
> which I wanted to be installed instead for following the complete and same
> installation methods given by Redhat linux installer?     do I sound
> confusing ?

Take a look at kickstart. It should be in RH user guide / manual somewhere. It
allows you to customize your installation, and then save that same
configuration to be use at the next installation. For example, at your /root
directory there should be a file called anaconda-ks.cfg. That was a kickstart
configuration automatically saved by the RH installer for your last install
config.

Hope that helps.

RDB

> regards