I fixed the authentication warnings part by adding apache to the
/etc/mail/trusted-users file.
However i do not yet have the IP masquerading part working yet.

Kapil Khanna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I reverted to back to my sendmail.cf back and tried using the macro as you
suggested
MASQUERADE_AS(`mydomain.com')dnl
No effect. The problem was the same.
Also the document that asked me to edit the sendmail.cf file was on the
Redhat
site itself at
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7-Manual/ref-guide/s1-sysadmin-sendmail.html

THe surprising part is that the current hostname of my machine is localhost.
If i change that to 'somedomain.com' emails send say they originate from
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Any change to the domainname variable however has no
effect, its only the hostname variable (and it needs to be the fully
qualified
name i.e hostname=mydomain.com).
Is there something i need to do with hostname and domainname too, to achieve
IP masquerading?
Also why am i seeing authentication warning for Apache. I am using
Squirrelmail+courier-imap+sendmail

Thanks,
--Kapil

"Cowles, Steve" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]

I don't know what docs are telling you to edit sendmail.cf directly, but the
proper way to fix your problem is to add...

MASQUERADE_AS(`mydomain.com')dnl

to /etc/mail/sendmail.mc and then generate a new sendmail.cf using m4

cd /etc/mail
cp sendmail.cf sendmail.cf.orig
m4 sendmail.mc >sendmail.cf

BTW: As nate pointed out in his reply - it's DM, not DN. Also, the sendmail
man pages (so to speak) are located in /usr/share/sendmail-cf/README. There
is a section labeled "MASQUERADING AND RELAYING" that might be of some
interest to you.

Steve Cowles