From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Rodolfo J. Paiz
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 4:35 PM
To: Red Hat List
Subject: RE: Connecting two networks through a RedHat box

On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 15:03, Rune Berge wrote:
> The file ifcfg-eth1 doesn't exist. Only ifcfg-eth0. Would it be sufficient
> to copy ifcfg-eth0 and alter it, or do I is there more to it?

It is sufficient to copy and alter it. Bottom line, you should have
something like the following (customize to use your numbers, of course):

DEVICE=eth1
NAME=internal
IPADDR=192.168.1.10
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=192.168.1.1
ONBOOT=yes
USERCTL=no

Other entries are possible but in this case unnecessary. If you want the
gory details of what's possible, there's a file somewhere in
/usr/share/doc/initscripts...something that describes this. But the
above will do exactly what you need.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz