>I've got the Gnu fileutils version 4.1 (or so "ls --version" says).

ls --version
ls (GNU fileutils) 4.0.36

>Do you know about the -d flag?  You might try ls -laGd, that
>might get you the behavior you want.

Yep, neither that or -L made any difference.

There must be something in my environment that is causing this then.
But what?  The man page has no info on this.  Please don't say to use
"info ls" to see if there is anything in there.  I HATE info.  IMHO that is
a horrible program.  It is extremely difficult to traverse.  It is not
obvious how to get around that thing.  Whomever designed that program had
a sick sense of humor.

MB
--
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                /~\ The ASCII
[I'm just the one who beat him off...  Repelled him]     \ / Ribbon Campaign