Joe,
Yes thats what i was thinking too. Thanks for direction.
Cheers!
--Kapil
Joe Polk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm sorry I didn't address the external drive. Yes, I would get the
drive setup and create a partition. I would then tar up my /usr
directory. Then remove everything from /usr but I would think you'll
need to leave /usr there but empty. Then simply mount the new /usr to
/dev/<whateveryournewhdis>.  You'll need an entry in /etc/fstab I
imagine, perhaps someone can clarify.  The key is once you know the
device name, /dev/sda1 for example, you can mount it to the empty /usr
with mount.

<<JAV>>