>On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Tony Preston wrote:
>
>> I have an application that uses GTK 1.2.10  Under 6.2 it displays the background
>> color, the button
>> color just fine.   I have buttons that toggle from red to green to red  that work.
>>
>> Under 8.0 RH, even with a re-compile,  the background color is gone.  I am
>> scratching my head
>> since I used styles to setup the colors of things (as per some examples in The
>> Harlow book).
>
>env -u GTK_RC_FILES /path/to/program

That helped a little, it lead me to look at the default .gtkrc files and the gnome
gtk rc file is setting up a theme that over rode my own setup.

The only odd thing now is that the window is about 15% larger under 8.0 versus 6.2
(with the same X configuration).  It is good enough to use...

Best regards.
Tony Preston
Cancer is Curable, Ask me why!
[EMAIL PROTECTED]