That is really done on a kernel level and there isnt any type of list
too my knowledge. However if you wish to muiplulate the order there are
kernel flags you can pass certain modules to achieve this.

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 06:57, Jerome Dsilva wrote:
> Jeff,
> Thanks for the reply.. I wanted the mapping at run time ... all the
> devices that are recognised by the kernel and the associated drivers ..
> ..
>
> Thanks
> Jerome

> Jerome Dsilva wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >Please reply if you know about the same ......I haven't got any
> replies
> >to this post...
> >
> >Is there any command in RH to get the list of device mapping names
> >.This is required to know the drivers and the modules used by that
> >kernel in run time. This should be something equivalent to
> >/etc/path_to_inst file in solaris...
> >

> Ummm, would you be looking for the info in /etc/modules.conf? (or
> /etc/conf.modules in pre 7.x releases).
>
> example:
>
> alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc  #parallel port module
> alias eth0 tulip                                     #tulip driver for
>
> my Netgear FA-310
> alias eth1 sis900                                  #sis900 driver for
> the onboard NIC
> alias usb-controller usb-ohci            #module for the onboard USB
> controller
> alias sound-slot-0 emu10k1              #emu10k1 driver for the SBLive!
>
> sound card
>
> Not being a solaris guy, from the basic description you gave, this is
> what you are looking for.  Also, all devices are found in /dev
>
> modules are in /lib/modules/kernelversion/
>
> ummm... hope that helps!
>
> Jeff
>

> --
Richie Crews
Unix Administrator / Internet Integrator
RedHat Certified Engineer
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cell: (706) 773 - 3436
Desk: (706) 634 - 3681
Fax: (706) 634 - 3831

"Providing security for your email needs"
Stop Spam, Support RBL http://www.mail-abuse.org