I think you need to add php in there
This works for me, straight out of the box.
<?php
phpinfo();
php?>

I think you can change that in the php.ini file
short_open_tag = Off

change to
short_open_tag = On

Leonard

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/03/03 02:38PM >>>
I have just done a fresh install of RedHat 8, and am trying to get
Apache
and PHP to work.  This has always worked for me "out of the box" with a
new
install on previous versions of RedHat.  Here are the rpm's that are
installed:

php-ldap-4.2.2-8.0.5
php-imap-4.2.2-8.0.5
php-4.2.2-8.0.5
php-pgsql-4.2.2-8.0.5
httpd-manual-2.0.40-8
redhat-config-httpd-1.0.1-13
httpd-2.0.40-8

What am I missing?  I'm trying to run a simple php page that lives in
/var/www/html called phpinfo.php.  The contents of the script are:

<? phpinfo(); ?>

PHP isn't parsing the .php page.  What am I missing?!  Thanks in
advance...

Christian

Christian P. Campbell
Systems Engineer
Information Technology Department - Systems
Bruegger's Enterprises
Desk: (802) 652-9270
Cell: (802)734-5023
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP public key available via PGP keyserver

"One of the most overlooked advantages to computers
is...  If they do foul up, there's no law against whacking
them around a little."    -- Joe Martin